Sunday, April 10, 2011

Some Mildly Offensive Poems I Wrote

So in Creative Writing, we're in our poetry unit at the moment. I've never been a big fan of poetry and I'm a terrible poet, but we wrote these poems in class the other day and I'm actually pretty proud of them (well not that proud, but I think they're enjoyable, or at least enjoyable enough to put on this blog). They're also all comedic, mildly offensive poems. I was actually trying to write genuine poems at first, but then these came out. I wonder what that says about me. Anyways here they are (and I really don't have anything against Haiti or Japan; I just thought they were funny).

Adolescence (this one is a Limerick)

You life starts out as a baby
You were born in the country of Haiti
An earthquake struck
You're shit out of luck
Now reaching age five is a maybe


Japan (this is a List Poem)

Japan
Toyko
Lights
Swords
Dragons
Emperors
Kurosawa
Samurais
Ancient Legends
Asian People
Tourists
Sushi
Atomic Bombs
Nature
Trees
Lakes
Haikus
Tsunamis
This is what I love about Japan


Okay, this is my favorite one. It's a diamonte poem, and it's actually well written, not just offensive.

Men and Women

Men
Emotional, Complicated
Doing, Making, Achieving
Courteous, Elegant, Success, Beauty
Burping, Farting, Eating
Apathetic, Simple
Women

Thanks for reading! :D

2 comments:

  1. roses are read violets are blue you have one dick but i have 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tan People
    Orange, orange, orange,
    Why are you so tan?
    My eyes bleed at the very thought
    Of your sad cancer-prone skin.
    Orange, orange, orange,
    Why do you look like you rolled around in Cheeto powder?
    The only difference between you and Cheeto Dust
    Is that Cheeto powder is delicious,
    And your leathery skin makes me want to hurl.
    So why don't you join me in this protest
    In a last stand for survival
    And sign up
    To become one of
    The Almighty Pale!

    You know who you are, you nasty tan people....

    ReplyDelete